Personal Information refers to any information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, telephone number, and email address. We collect and store the personal information that you have provided us in a cloud-based database which resides at a third-party vendor’s premises. Access to the database is limited to the Foundation’s staff and volunteers. The data can only be accessed through a secure firewall by an individual with a username and password, and who has been given access to the database.
Ways in which we may collect your information:
- When you request information from AKF USA via our website or otherwise contact us in person, by phone or email, with a question we may collect your name, address, and email in order to respond to your request.
- We may collect your name, email address, and other contact information if you register for an event.
- We may collect your name, email address, and other contact information if you sign up for our newsletters.
- We may collect your name, email address, telephone number, and payment information when you make a contribution, either online (via our website) or offline (over the phone or by mailing a check).
- From time to time, the Aga Khan Foundation USA may collect personal information from you in ways not described above.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
We will not sell, trade, or share your personal information, collected on the website or through any other business activities with anyone else.
We will not send you mailings on behalf of other organizations.
We will only share your personal information if and only if you give us specific permission to do so.
We will collect payment information, billing address, and other information necessary to process a donation or event registration.
We will use your information to comply with the law, comply with legal process served on us or protect and defend our rights, or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of others.
December 11, 2015