There are many ways you can volunteer with the Aga Khan Foundation USA. When you partner with us, your time, knowledge, and expertise directly helps builds better futures across Africa and Asia. Volunteering is a fun and social way to make an impact and there are many ways you can participate:
- Bring your friends, family and community members to our local events
- Develop and construct Village in Action exhibits and displays at events
- Help with event planning in your local area
- Run event marketing and manage local media relations
- Showcase the development work of the Aga Khan Foundation at your school and in your community
- Raise funds for the Aga Khan Foundation events and Foundation campaigns
There are also lots of advantages for you! Students can earn community service hours and some businesses will match employee volunteer hours with donations (see below for more information). Our volunteer teams and the Washington, DC, office staff provide training in all areas, and volunteer time is flexible. Volunteers work in teams with a Team Leader who in turn works with a Regional Coordinator. This provides opportunities for mentorship and leadership development. However you decide to volunteer, your help will be worthwhile and truly appreciated!